Latest video mashup: Lily Allen vs Example - "Kickstarts Fear" (yeah I know it's an oldie now and I really should do something new)

Thursday 24 March 2011

Rolling In The Third Bar

OK, so I'm not exactly doing this in the correct chronological order, but here goes with my latest audio and video mashup. This is only my second attempt at a video mashup and I have to say I'm getting just as much of a buzz from doing the video as the audio. I did make a rod for my own back a bit with this video as I decided to go for that true cinema feel with 2.39:1 format; all well and good, but I ended up having to reframe most shots. Still, helps to get in a bit more practice with the video editing I suppose.

So what do you get if you cross Snow Patrol ft Martha Wainwright with Adele...
Download the mp3

3 comments:

  1. Fuck! Yes! That was STELLAR!!! I never would have thought that slowing down Adele would have worked but it only made her more powerful and haunting. When her voice came in it gave me chills.

    On the surface, I had no idea how this mashup was going to work, but it was beautiful. I love your style. You tend to go for the emotion in the song, which is something that is lacking with other mashup artists out there like Party Ben or Girl Talk. And, you have an affinity for Snow Patrol, which is always a plus in my book.

    Keep it up. Not only do you have a natural mixing talent, but great video editing skills. The world is just seeing the birth of your career. Get this video on the mashup sites, stat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I appreciate the kind words. I was a bit dubious how this was going to turn out at first, but I definitely had a couple of moments of hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

    Glad you like my style - send a few more people my way and check out the "Mashup Charts" in the links in the sidebar - I'm putting some stuff up there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was all I could do to wait, but I posted 'Rolling In The Third Bar' as this week's "Mashup Monday" post. Brilliant mix. I posted it on my Tumblr last week, and it's been reblogged a few times already.

    As I said in my post today, easily my favorite mashup since September's 'Miracles' by Norwegian Recycling. And in a number of ways, this track is much better.

    You have a gift. I'll be lucky to be able to say, "I wrote about him when he came out with his first mashup video." You'll be famous someday.

    ReplyDelete