Latest video mashup: Lily Allen vs Example - "Kickstarts Fear" (yeah I know it's an oldie now and I really should do something new)

Thursday 24 March 2011

Honey, I'm home...

So I guess it's time I sorted myself out a blog as some kind of central repository for the stuff I'm doing at the moment.

I've got Dan "Chambaland" Chamberlain (AMFMPM.org) to thank for getting me into mashups.  It was hearing his mashup of Genesis' Invisible Touch with Katy Perry's California Gurls that really opened my eyes and ears to the mashup scene. Being new to this technique, I decided I would initially have a go at doing the same mashup - having an achievable goal when starting something new is always a good idea.

My resulting effort was in essence pretty similar although I added a few embellishments myself, and changed some of the phrasing around. I'm working on a proper video mashup of this at the moment, but in the meantime you can hear my first mashup right here:



Download the mp3

I have some other stuff on my YouTube Channel and also some newer things on Vimeo, but I'll always post anything new here and shout about it on twitter as well (see the link in the sidebar or just follow @spareelbowskin)

No comments:

Post a Comment